Monday, August 3, 2009

Been a while

Well it has been almost a month since I posted anything about this baby adventure - but let me assure you that it has been a BUSY month. Jaxon seems to be doing really good - he moves around a lot! I have been back to the doctor once since the last post and everything is still looking good. I have gained 28 pounds so far (I go back tomorrow for another check up- I am sure the 28 pounds will go UP UP UP). It is getting a bit harder to sleep at night - seems like I am either in the bathroom or shifting to find the most comfortable position.


The month of July was full of fun with three very nice baby showers - I have pictures that I will post later. The first shower was at the Brickhouse Inn on the morning of July 11th. The weather was perfect and the food, friends, family, and fellowship were wonderful! This shower was hosted by Megan Jones, my mom, BB Hopkins, Chrystal Bailey, and Ashlee Spruill King. Some of the big items we recieved at this shower were the infant car seat, swing, stroller, a bunch of cute clothes, monogrammed blankets, bath time stuff, diapers and wipes, and soooo much more! The second shower was hosted by the ladies friendship circle at our church on July 15th - more great food, friends, and fellowship! Big items at this shower included a high chair, bumbo seat, booster seat, books, clothes, medicines, and other important necessities. The third shower was at my dad and Julie's house - hosted by my dad's sisters, Julie, and Elizabeth. This shower was on Saturday July 25th and it was another beautiful day with great food, friends, and family! I am just so blessed to have so many special people in my life! Christy Maready and I took a trip to Babies R' Us in Virginia to pick up some of the necessities that were not on my registery - it was nice to have her help - when I registered the first time - I was just looking for cute and cool stuff not the stuff that I have recently discovered you "have to have".


We began the process of renovating our sunroom and turning it into Gabby's NEW room on July 18th - Jason started knocking out the cinderblock wall and removing some of the other structural aspects of that room. My dad came over to help on Sunday the 19th and the room took on a whole new look - all of the bricks were gone, siding was removed from the inside, the window and door came down - and I was a happy camper to see some progress. Mr. Chris Hassell started framing and laying the blocks - Joey Spencer had to come and inspect every detail to make sure things were being done the right way - Jason did all of the wiring and man Gabby has A TON of outlets in her room, can lights and TWO celing fans - a necessity for any female! The weekend of July 31 - August 1st Mr. Chris and Ray Roughton worked on the sheetrock - it looks like a real room now! Ray said that we should be able to paint by mid week - as soon as we can get some paint on the walls - we will have the carpet people come and install carpet and then Gabby can move into her new room and we are all excited about that! I will post pictures as soon as everything is moved in! Below is a picture from "rate my space" that was the inspiration for Gabby's new room!

Gabby's old room will be Jaxon's new room - I worked this weekend cleaning out toys and clothes that Gabby has had and did not know she had! I boxed all of her toys in plastic totes - you would have thought it was Christmas - I heard her say more than once "where did you find this, I forgot I had it". Jaxon's furniture is at the house - so once Gabby gets in her new room - we have to paint Jaxon's walls and then arrange furniture in his room!


Never a dull moment - the office is more than half full of baby stuff and mom is storing the big items for us at her house! I love walking in the office and smelling the baby smell from the amazing candle that smells like baby magic, and all of the diapers and wipes! I have to touch something in that room everyday - it is all just soooooo cute!


Well I guess this is the longest post ever - but I had so much I wanted to share - I will post pictures later!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like July was a great month for y'all!! I'm so glad that you like that Baby Magic candle...Gold Canyon!! :)

    Can't wait to see pictures!!
    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gabby's new room....post some more pics!!! And I can't wait to meet baby Jaxon!! Congrats my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete