Friday, August 14, 2009

Update

The nursery is starting to come along......finally!!!!!!! We might be able to set some furniture up in there Sunday or Monday - and I could not be more excited. It has been a stressful week for me. Things just can not get done fast enough for me and it seems like everything has to be harder than it should be. For example - I wanted to hang mini blinds in Gabby's new room on Monday evening - so Mom and I attempted to do this - well mini blinds were not designed to be easy to install (mom and I have decided they need to be made in Velcro fashion)- after about 3 hours of fighting with the blinds, my mom, my dad, and my husband - I was balling like a baby and one of the five blinds were hung. I had to leave - luckly mom was hungry and so was I so we went to Pizza Hut in Plymouth at 9:00pm and when I came home Jason had all of the blinds hung and a few other projects done.

I thought Tuesday might be a better day (direct TV and the carpet people were coming to install in Gabby's new room)- I had the corporate HR team at my office and they were going to do an audit on my files - I went into work at 6am got off of work after 6pm - I called Jason to find out that the carpet people were not coming that day - and it would be next week before they would be able to make it - I can not move anything out of Gabby's old room (the nursery) until she has carpet in her new room. This really upset me and sent me into another crying spell. I walk in the house and everything is covered in dust from the carpentry work (sheet rock) - there is baby stuff in the dining room - the office is over filled with baby stuff- Gabby has things all over the living room - dishes need to be washed and clothes are stacked up everywhere - there is no way to even start the "nesting" thing - there is just waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much to be done.

Wednesday was another long day at work - Jason being the sweet husband he is stayed at home all day working on home projects - by the time I got home I was so physically and emotionally drained I was in the bed by 8pm. Jason promised that he would find someone to install the carpet the next day.

Thursday I took off from work (and so did Jason)- I needed some time away from the office and I had a doctor's appointment - Jason talked to a guy about installing the carpet - he was suppose to come at 6pm ...........well..... to make a long story short HE DIDN"T COME and I was not a happy camper. Luckly my mom came to the rescue - her co-worker is married to a guy who knows how to install carpet - mom called in a favor and the man (Bill "SUPERMAN" Ward) came to my house within 30 minutes of mom's call and between him and Jason the carpet was installed in 1 hour and 30 minutes!!!!!!!!! I did the "HAPPY DANCE" all night!!!!! We set Gabby's bed up and moved her desk into her new room - she spent the night watching TV - sleeping in her super divia cool room!

At my doctor's apointment yesterday - everything looked good - I have now gained an AMAZING 35 pounds (that is a lot for a girl as heavy as I was to start with) but the doctors have not said anything about my weight yet! My blood sugar was a little low - causing me to feel blahhhh the last few days - he encouraged me to eat more snacks between meals (I think I can handle that)! The doctor had to take some cultures to test for Type B strep which could be very harmful to the baby at birth. He checked to see if we were progressing with anything else. And the cervix is low but no dilalation yet. I am still measuring for a delivery around the beginning of September and listening to the heartbeat - Mr. Jaxon is a happy and healthy sounding baby! He has been moving around quite a bit the last few days - it is so funny to see the ripples in my stomach!

OK - I think that catches us up to today - I hope to post pictures of the nursery and Gabby's new room at the beginning of next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment