Friday, September 4, 2009
September 4th update
I went to the doctor yesterday and...... things are starting to progress!!! The nurse took me on to the back almost as soon as I walked in the door - I love everyone at Women's Health of Edenton - they are great people!! I had the opportunity to weigh myself - I stepped on the scale and scream "WOW 130 pounds can you believe it" the nurse started laughing and said "WHAT" I guess she did not believe me - we can all dream right?!?! So now I am up to 40 pounds of weight gained during my pregnancy - and my body can tell. When Cheryl (the nurse) first took my blood pressure she asked me if I was excited - she said that the number was waaaayyy too high - she thought I had planned that so they would go ahead and take the baby - then she checked the other arm and it was perfect. No luck there. Then back to the room for inspection of the baby situation. Ann Charles the mid-wife was the inspector of the day - you just gotta love her - she is from England and sounds so cool when she talks! Someone (ummmm.... my mother) had tipped her off that I was very excited and anxious for this baby to come and how I had it in my mind that the baby needs to be here on or before my due date. So Ann says "Sandi, it is time that we have a little chat my dear". "You see only about 3% of women deliver on their due date - it is really just an educated guess on the part of the doctor - the other 97% of women have their baby some other day. This is one time in your life that you dont have control over what happens - this precious little baby is in control over when he is going to make his grand appearance." After the little "chat" she checked me and great news for me I have dialated 1 1/2 cm - which was enough that she could strip my membranes. After that procedure she told me - now if the membrane stripping works you should have a baby in 1 to 2 days. Now my brain is running wild thinking - OK any day, any minute, I will be feeling something and a baby will be on the way.....well not yet. Then I talk to some people and they say things like "I stayed at 2 cm for 3 weeks".....not what I want to hear, or how about "they stripped my membranes and nothing happend". Oh well, I have a positive attitude that Jaxon is coming this weekend!!!! After leaving the doctor's office yesterday - I had a wonderful pedicure from my favorite pedicure lady Mrs. Janet - my feet and toes are beautiful again!! When I got to the house I decided it was time to put Jaxon's lazy boy recliner (his swing) together - and it is just sooo cool - I hope he likes it! Jason was watching football so I hit the bed early - when he finally came to bed - he could only stay for about 45 minutes before my coughing and other crazy noises drove him to Gabby's room. It was a long night for me too.....but I am at work this morning, we will see how long I can make it! Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that we get this baby blessing soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It gets more exciting every day! Please hurry up Jaxon....we're ready to meet you!!!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!! Any day now...I can't wait to meet the cute little guy!!!!
ReplyDelete