Monday, June 29, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

Sorry it has been a while since I updated this page - but things at work have been BUSY!!! Jaxon and I are doing really good!

On Saturday June 20th I had a great day on the water with my good friend Penny - I floated in the sound from 10:45am to about 2:30pm and lets just say I got CRIPSY FRIED... it was terrible - My stomach and the tops of my legs were soooooo red and hurt like you can not imagine. I was on amoxicilin for a sinus infection and broncytius (I have no clue how to spell that) - anyway, I did not know that made the sun more intense - but it was tuff.

I went to the doctor last Monday - June 22, for the glucose test. I was really dreading it - I had heard terrible things about how bad the drink tasted - well....I thought it tasted like the red Kool-Aid that I make (lots of sugar). I opted for the fruit punch flavor instead of the orange and it was not bad at all - the nurse said that I drank it faster than anyone she had ever seen (you have to wait an hour after you drink it and I needed my hour to start fast, so I could get to work). During the hour wait - I saw Anne Charles the mid-wife and I just love her she is awesome. She measured me and I was right on target for a delivery date around September 7th. We also listened to Jaxon moving all around, and his heart rate was perfect not too fast and not too slow! I have gained quite a bit more weight - but I am happy and feel great (it's just getting a bit harder to bend over - or see anything below my stomach). I did not hear anything back from the glucose results - so I guess no news is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment